Online pre-sales for tonight are closed. Tickets will be available at the door!
No two Remix events are the same! This late-night creative explosion bursts at the seams with performances, talks, art making, dancing and more–all connected to Peru: Kingdoms of the Sun and the Moon and SAM's collection.
The night's activities include:
- A distinctive blend of house, hip-hop, pop and bossa nova with DJ Joey Webb.
- Marching Paper Mural. Reflect on the conditions of our time and create a silhouette procession inspired by William Kentridge’s Shadow Procession with artist Romson Bustillo.
- Trumpeter Raymond Larsen referencing the music of jazz legend Miles Davis and the exhibition In A Silent Way.
- Metallic Medallions. Reference ancient Peruvian medallions as you craft your very own pendant with artist Tariqa Waters, showing off contemporary symbols and images that are important to you.
- Vocalist Jimmie Herrod responding to paintings featured in the exhibition From Abstract Expression to Colored Planes.
- Identity Doodles with Coast Salish artist Louie Gong. Evokes a community identity of Remix with puzzle pieces. Stop by to add your identity to the puzzle.
- Knot necklaces with jewelry designer Rachel Ravitch inspired by quipu (knotted-cord records) from the Peru exhibition.
- The exciting and energetic sounds of Latin jazz and dance band Tumbao.
- Cosmic Face Painting! Makeup artists Angie Glasser and Rashawnda Fitch adorn your face with stars, moons, planets or suns.
- Top Off Your Costume! Construct a wicked or whimsical hat with artist Alicia Betty.
- Capture all the fun and excitement of the night by posing for images solo or with friends with photographer Megumi Arai.
- Hollis Wong-Wear curates, Poetic Portraits. Poets Moni Tep, Henry Luke, Donte Johnson and Koha Farr create vibrant self-portraits inspired by Kehinde Wiley’s Anthony of Padua.
- Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours led by artists, community figures and special guests:
SAM Remix Cohosts: AIA Seattle, ARCADE, ArtXchange Gallery, Northeastern University – Seattle, OUT for Sustainability, Seattle Arts and Cultural Events, Seattle Emerging Museum Professionals, Seattle Fun Events, The World is Fun, World Affairs Council’s Young Professionals International Network, UW Advocates for the Arts and Washington Bus.
Embody the Cosmos. First 50 dressed in sun, moons and stars get in for free!
Costumes encouraged! Please, no masks or full face paint.
Tickets may be purchased online, at the Ticketing Desk at any of SAM's three sites or over the phone with a credit card by calling the Box Office at 206.654.3121. Print-at-home tickets are strongly recommended.
SAM Remix is an 18 and up event.
KEXP 90.3 FM