NOTE: The original date for this event has changed to allow for more participation.
Appreciating the beauty of the handmade, the delicious, and of course, The Great British Bake Off, SAM is inviting local bakers to create signature desserts inspired by artworks in the exhibition Victorian Radicals: From the Pre-Raphaelites to the Arts & Crafts Movement.
View the desserts and see who walks away as a prized baker after our judges make their picks based on the principles of the Pre-Raphaelites and overall deliciousness. A limited number of free community passes will be made available for visitors to view the exhibition which is open until 9 pm.
6–7 pm Signature desserts on view.
7 pm Judges announce awards
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?
- After registering, SAM will provide a selection of approved artwork images from Victorian Radicals. Bakers will choose one artwork that will be the inspiration for their signature dessert.
- Registered bakers will be given four community passes to view the Victorian Radicals exhibition.
- Bakers are required to attend the event on Thursday, August 29, 2019 to qualify. Their signature dessert must be delivered by 6 pm before the event.
- One star baker will be awarded $500.
- All registered bakers will be reimbursed up to $100 with proof of receipt(s).
Registration opens June 15. Space is limited and will close when filled.